Breaking up blues

Breaking up blues

Voughn953

5 Feb 2015 at 11:33am
I think everyone at some point in their life has had a tough breakup where you feel actual physical pain from it. It does take time to get over a break up, but it does get better. The toughest thing I found to be in dealing with a breakup is getting the other person out of your head and heart! To me this means so hard. I have been there and haven't found a way to make it any easier . I read in a medical article recently that breakups are really hard due to the same withdrawal symptoms as addicts do when trying to quit an addiction. All the physical and emotional parts of the brain that sense pain are also present during a breakup! I found this very comforting to know that the pain I was feeling was real and not just me overreacting. There is the withdrawal pain from not hearing their voice anymore, texting each other anymore, etc. We have to stop wanting that person anymore and that is where the pain if quitting an addiction starts. I am now almost over my ex, but I still think of her once in a while. It is never going to be easy, but keep inundated that the pain does goes away. There really is someone better out there, just don't give up! I haven't and don't plan on it! Best of luck to all in your breakup recovery.
Love Vongue
FTM/TG 64 y.o.

1 Nov 2015 at 07:58am
Thank you I really needed to hear that. It all makes sense. Joseph